<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Faking It...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Faking It...

Photobucket
Photobucket
This week i have had a slight obsession with chopping my hair! you know that urge you get to make a drastic change..well its consumed my thoughts enough for me to tuck under my hair to see if its something i could live with for a little while.... thoughts..opinions?? It may also be that i found pictures of Michelle Williams as Marilyn Monroe when i was trawling the web..and may have lost my breath for a moment, she just looked so amazing! im not exactly a hair chameleon i never change it and when i do it usually follows with me whinging about how hard it is to style and cursing my hairdresser underneath my breath because she didn't stop me from convincing her i wanted a chunky fringe to cover my big forehead! I envy ladies who can jump from colour to colour and look amazing in the process.
I went brunette a few years ago and even though it saved me from damaging my poor hair every 4 weeks i missed being blonde (and then followed a 6 month process of getting it back to the blonde i wanted) so you see...(i think too much about these things)
So even if this cut is a passing thought im going to jump in and go for it! its just hair after all right?

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

as someone who had long hair and did the same thing as you (tucked it under to see what short hair looked like) I cut my hair short a couple of years ago. it is only now just growing back. I liked it for a short while but I found my hair was a lot harder to style. I don't think I'm alone in that! It poofed up a lot more and overall - i don't think i will ever cut it that short again. but what i think is, if you really want to do it, then go for it. get it out of your system! i think it'll look great. just be aware the styling issues - but i think you have to really find that out for yourself.

September 29, 2011 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Emma Litton said...

Ohh, I love changing up my hair, it's so fun! I think you'd look darling with a shorter do. I understand it can be a little nerve racking. Either way, you look lovely.

xo,
Em

September 29, 2011 at 8:27 PM  
Blogger MissKait said...

i mean im a huge sucker for long hair...because i've had it all my life. but i'm all for change!
as everyone says it will grow back!

kisses from kaitlin
xo
kaitgirl.blogspot.com

September 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I just dyed my hair from brown to pink. It was pretty long when it was brown, but bleaching it made a whole lot of it break off. So I've gone from thick brown hair to thin (but awesome) pink hair. But I've always wanted to do it so I guess it's okay. It will grow back!

September 29, 2011 at 10:10 PM  
Anonymous Caitlin said...

I went from long brunette hair to a shaved head (for "Shave for a Cure") to pixie short brunette to white blind bob back to copper pixie short and now back to white blonde! It's fun to change things up because it makes you look at your style and wardrobe around a whole new haircut. Go for it, you'll make it gorgeous! xx

September 29, 2011 at 11:09 PM  
Blogger thebluebirdsang said...

I'm completely on the same wavelength.
I've had long hair for quite a few years now, and am at the stage where I'm contemplating chopping it all off, it's quite exciting! I'd just say make sure it's not a snap decision - give it some thought (as I'm sure you are). It certainly suits you, lovely lady!

September 30, 2011 at 6:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i think youre beautiful either way... but just think about how long it would take to grow it back out if you didnt like it! i chopped my hair a few years back and am still growing it back!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

September 30, 2011 at 7:50 AM  
Blogger Carys said...

I think it suits you both ways!! I think it would look really nice shorter, and suit your beautiful vintage style!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

September 30, 2011 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said...

Do it, it looks adorable on you! I went from long hair to a crop based on a picture of Michelle Williams.. I always trust her on matters of hair.

September 30, 2011 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

wearing short hair takes much more time styling them.... i had a kind of 20s bob years ago and it took so much time. i hated styling them and i was so afraid of rain... yes. sounds silly...
i adore this picture of michelle williams...

if you decide to cut your hair, i'm sure it will looks great!

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

October 2, 2011 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home