<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Pastel Dream...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Pastel Dream...

 photo _MG_0701_zps1b6cec4f.jpg

 photo _MG_0705_zpsb69e0868.jpg

 photo _MG_0704_zpsaeba6cd6.jpg
One drab wednesday night i was flicking through Etsy on my phone while warming my tootsies by the heater...when i found this incredible tulle pastel dream of a dress in near perfect condition, normally i have found these dresses with fabric pulls all over...so lucky...plus it was a complete steal at $40 and i mean lavender and blue come on!!! I naturally bought it straight away and then spent a few agonising weeks waiting for the postman to deliver it!

I am a firm believer that every woman should have a ready-to-go ball gown (just in case) in her closet and i sure am glad to add this adorable number to my wardrobe even if it is to twirl around my apartment in!

I have cute visions of it being worn to a school dance in the 50's paired with some cream gloves and a flower corsage (cute overload) i guess thats half the excitement about vintage dresses you know they have seen so many things in their time but we just have to use our imaginations as to what those things may be!!!

(Vintage dress purchased from FemaleHysteria)

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that is just divine! I totally agree with you that every woman should have a beautiful dress for SUPER special occasions. I really want to get myself a beautiful formal dress like this one, though I am likely to just walk around the house in it eating tim tams.

August 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ally this dress is freakin PERFECT for you! You'll be picture perfect with your blonde vintage 'do and I can imagine those accessories. Shoot this look!

Steph x

August 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

$40?!?!?!?! for tulle! what an absolute bargain you did so well! this is totally beautiful and completely up my street! but dresses of this calibre on etsy are always a little bit pricier! I cannot wait to see you in it! and that back detail with the flowing scarf is going to be so darling! xxxxx Rebecca

August 28, 2013 at 1:12 AM  
Blogger Viktoria K said...

Holy moly how I envy you now! This is a pure dream-come-true fairy dreamy dress! I also thought instantly of prom and cute little creamy gloves .. how beautiful would that be with beautiful blonde curls and red lipstick. Pure heaven, you are so lucky to get this beautiful piece!

Much love from Epp,

xoxo

www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com
www.instagram.com/zerxza
www.facebook.com/zerxza

August 28, 2013 at 6:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My jaw literally dropped. I am on a lose baby weight mission and when I reach my goal I have convinced my husband to let me buy an extra special dress... Lavender and Blue may be just what I need!

Love love love!

- Laura

August 28, 2013 at 6:51 AM  
Blogger Becky Bedbug said...

My goodness this is beautiful!

Becky
xx

August 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger Melodie said...

You made such a beautiful choice it's absolutely gorgeous and the color my gosh, it's so perfect! I can't wait to see you wearing it!
Much love
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

August 28, 2013 at 7:48 AM  
Blogger Ladies in Navy said...

how beautiful!
kw ladies in navy
$75 Anthropologie Giveaway

August 28, 2013 at 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Roz said...

Stunning!! I agree, such a beautiful colour. I can't wait to see how you style it.

August 28, 2013 at 6:48 PM  
Blogger soph // and other things said...

Such a beautiful dress. I think I'm going to have to take up your advice on having a just in case ball gown!

August 29, 2013 at 12:18 AM  
Anonymous Beth said...

Oh my! What an amazing find! *drools*

August 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see this on you!

August 30, 2013 at 6:00 AM  
Blogger Ms. Falcon said...

what a steal 40$, that's great! i can't wait to see this little treasure worn ...

August 30, 2013 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Ally said...

Absolutely hun! Its a must haha xx

September 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM  
Blogger Ally said...

I will hun Xx Its gorgeous huh! xx

September 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home