<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thevintagevalley.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Vintage Valley: Gertie...

The Vintage Valley

The personal blog of a vintage & goodwill shopper

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Gertie...

 photo UR94ftT9OxFfijUK4NhefbBAWacYCccBlsK8KSxUidUvlTvDhTIIabXNMuCK7AMNbVYJbhtP2a0JRSwJaE79FAdA2l8lfiQ5Jdu17r07F-kidb1i7KACKfj4INh3_zps3fcbb3af.jpg

 photo M84sXq4ZvliJfu1PB59FpvxHyO0GrMQkzE1Y9Lnjc4sEbfqV03_mZUdLeNrRbUjq5Zrgz7nC5gZap-icxHAAccxrjXgAMmkXp3Hmaeenb8Xewz3Qn-GLpPo9Mvg1_zps7b6468f5.jpg

 photo LNeuUUP7xGouMBL-FcSzbmJs6UsHItptCt_FqdCaq1Y-9MliBCDH5OVNm-Me_AQOCCyG5-Eht3Ekrs31Wn-dLU6dwhEozjpqFI2bBO9JrEQ2e0HaFx0AewWLRF03_zps4d3d23b0.jpg

 photo JDJif_PjVifvE0JN8I4lbr9D7Mo_uTZk0ffYhZ94qZomhhcwfDyX41QpxYXunWTmZX8mbfddPwgqECnvY7JKIY479ZgzvcQJGEORqQkF5IlPvSmdCudaJ1D76RCE_zps560c3d45.jpg
Being a single gal...instead of a man i have two other great loves in my life..Duke (of course) & Gertie my bicycle! Both of which i think bring me just as much joy and annoyance as having a significant other anyway, except i win all the arguments and i get to hog the bed! (although birds and bicycles dont give great hugs...only downfall)

I had great plans for Gertie when i first bought her, it was going to be my main source of transport and i was going to explore Perth every weekend with a baguette and flowers in my basket (thats what every gal does...right?) but im sad to say i still drive everywhere and the furtherest i have travelled is from Wembley to Mt Lawley (which took me two hours...and i came close to dying) so now Gertie gets a trip to the supermarket or around my suburb at least once a week...once it isnt so hot i think it will be time i took her out a little more!

These photos are also from the amazing Tegan Ptasznyk we spent an afternoon around Subiaco and snapped a few photos before the sun went down...you may notice i have straight hair (holy..cow) which is a very very rare thing so enjoy it while you can folks!! I also fell in love with the flower wall...the purple and yellow are a match made in heaven!

I hope your having a swell week Xx

(Wearing: Vintage wool skirt, op shopped blouse, Red ribbon headband, Hobbs heels, Gertie is from Reid Bicycles)

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I insisted on getting a gorgeous pink bike for Christmas and I'm sad to say that after one trip to Rottnest it hasn't ventured much further then my suburb either. I definitely think a cute riding outfit helps though! You look totally perfect in these pictures, definitely inspiring me to get riding again! x Hannah

February 11, 2014 at 10:04 PM  
Blogger Stevia said...

oh you and your bike and the backdrop is just a pure perfection
I love you in straight hair!

The Sweetest Escape 
Win $20 Romwe Shopping Voucher

February 11, 2014 at 11:26 PM  
Blogger Porcelina said...

These photos are just gorgeous! I love the purple of the flowers with the yellow of the bike, and your wonderful outfit and poses. I'm new to your blog and loving it. x

February 12, 2014 at 1:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is just perfection.

xoxo
Ivy
http://www.purrpleivy.com/

February 12, 2014 at 2:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What beautiful photos! Love the bright yellow next to the purple flowers.
xoxo, Lindsey Dish
thebeltedpear.blogspot.com

February 12, 2014 at 6:37 AM  
Blogger Jenelle Witty said...

Such gorgeous photos Ally. I love the straight hair, it's nice to mix things up every now and then. I have never ridden in heels is that tricky? Love the bike. xx Jenelle
http://shutmyeyescantfindthebreak.blogspot.com.au/

February 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger CBoyer said...

Oh SO pretty <3 I've always wanted a classic, bright bike like that.

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

February 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger Anders E said...

Beautiful! So beautiful!

February 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM  
Blogger - abigail - said...

Your hair looks nice unset, too! kind of 60s, very cute. Single myself, my two loves are my dog Daisy and my banjo :D
Wonderful photos. The bushes are so high!

February 12, 2014 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

These pictures with your bike are adorable! You look so summery and gorgeous!

February 12, 2014 at 4:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are so beautiful!!

February 13, 2014 at 5:54 AM  
Blogger Madeleine | Madeleine in Wonderland said...

Such beautiful shots! I have always wanted a bike like this
Xx
Madeleine | Madeleine in Wonderland

February 13, 2014 at 7:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your bike is sure lovely! Also, I really love your skirt - super gorgeous!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

February 13, 2014 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Melodie said...

These photos are gorgeous and yes, purple flowers and yellow Gertie were definitely meant to be together, it's beautiful!!
Love your hair like this too but it's never really you without curls of rolls ;)
Many kisses dear!
Melodie
http://sevenlivesandmore.blogspot.fr/

February 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home